Friday, December 10, 2021

Spelling

 Hello everyone. Today I am going to be sharing my spelling with you. Ever week our teacher gives us a list of spell. This weeks is list 17. 


Spelling is where there are lots of questions that we have to answer. We also get a new list every week. 


here is my spelling

List Seventeen


advance apricot bossy certificate conference crayfish directly equipped ferocious guitar introduce microphone occurrence poisonous proportion risk solo straighten tablet vain


Which two list words have the suffix ‘-ence’?   Occurrence, conference

Now add the same suffix to extend theses words (watch out for spelling traps)

Emergence impudence obedience preference subsidence turbulence  


Write these list words in syllables

Cert if i cate pro por tion in tro duce mic ro phone con fer ence

4      3 3 3 3


Which list words are synonyms for

award share pill conceited autocratic

certificate          proportion         tablet               vain          bossy         


Which list words answer these clues

Peachy colour, apricot

very angry animal, ferocious

small voice conductor, microphone             

a happening wasteful with ‘c’s and ‘r’s, occurrence         

This one isn’t a blood transporter, vain


A guitar is a musical instrument.  Here are some more instruments without their vowels.  What are they?

clarinet violin saxophone trumpet

 

How many times are the vowels a, e, i, o and u used in this list.

a=9 e=16 i=15 o=18


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing the learning that you do,in lass Leala.It's great to see what goes on in the classes that we don't work in.
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Helpful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Victor Art

 hello everybody. Today for the summer learning journey I did this thing called victor art. I choose the blue Kirby. Victor art is when you ...