Friday, July 31, 2020

Matariki Art

Kia ora. In class we made Matariki art. Matariki is the start of the Maori New Year. You can do lots of weaving, have a hangi, family gatherings and you can learn about the seven stars.

We first got told what we had to do which was get a big sheet of paper that had lots of designs on it. Then we got a piece of paper. Next we had to draw a star, we were only allowed to use pencils for the star design and the background was to be really colorful. 


Once we got all the things we needed we were allowed to start putting in this art called zentangle.  

 Zentangle is a lot of designs in one small place.


Once I had completed my design I was allowed to do my background. On the background we were allowed to do four different colors. There was green, brown, red and yellow. I used all of the colors.


When the dye dried we had to cut it out and then we glued it on.


Here is my star that I made.


No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Helpful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Victor Art

 hello everybody. Today for the summer learning journey I did this thing called victor art. I choose the blue Kirby. Victor art is when you ...